The Office of International Programs (OIP) encourages and facilitates student and scholarly exchanges between its Southeast Michigan campuses and educational and research facilities around the world. It also advances the university's global agenda by expanding WSU's presence abroad, connecting the university with the Metro Detroit community and its cultural and corporate constituencies, both locally and abroad. OIP comprises of the following offices and divisions:
- Office of International Students and Scholars: OISS receives and supports students and academics coming to Metro Detroit. The OISS team can help incoming students and scholars navigate immigration related issues and provide guidance on curricular and optional practical training (CPT and OPT) opportunities. They also issue I-20s and other essential immigration forms.
- Office of Study Abroad and Global Programs: The Study Abroad team assists Wayne State University students who are interested in pursuing educational experiences outside the U.S. This office can help students find the right study abroad opportunity, prepare for their trip, and serve as a resource while students are abroad.
- English Language Institute: Wayne State University's ELI is an intensive program that prepares non-native English speakers for academic and social success in the United States. The ELI will better prepare students to meet Wayne State University's English language proficiency requirement for admission to an academic program at WSU while gaining a cultural orientation to the U.S.
- Office of Fellowships: This office supports WSU students and faculty seeking fellowships for international research and travel. The Office of Fellowships offers services to help students gain a competitive edge in the application process and grow personally from the experience of applying to a nationally competitive fellowship.
- International Partnerships: The Office of International Programs connects Wayne State University and the Metro Detroit community with local and global institutions to foster collaborative partnerships. Wayne State University has a long history of international cooperation, engaging in formal agreements with more than 100 entities worldwide.
- International Recruitment: The Office of International Programs assists students who are considering Wayne State University as the next step in their educational journey. The recruitment team meets with prospective students to answer questions about academic programs, campus life, the admissions process, scholarship information, and more.
The team at the Office of International Programs is passionate about helping students succeed, fostering global collaboration, and making interational education experiences accessible for all. If you need help, have questions, or want to know more about how you can get involved in international initiatives, please do not hesitate to contact us.