Wayne State University (WSU) is a tier 1 research university in the heart of the uniquely American city of Detroit – a center of American innovation throughout the country's history, from the birth of the automobile industry to the creation of Motown music to the development of ethical urban renewal strategies.
Over 1,100 international students from 80 different countries study on this international campus in the heart of Midtown Detroit. Students here enjoy a safe, affordable, big-city life that is rooted in the best of American tradition. WSU has been an academic leader since 1868, and you can count on us here at the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to help you on your path to success.
We are excited that you are interested in continuing your educational journey as a Wayne State Warrior! The Office of International Students and Scholars can help you navigate the process of becoming an international student, whether you are planning to start a new degree in the United States, transferring from another college, or participating in an international exchange!
- Becoming a leader through the Mandela Washington Fellowship
- 25 young African leaders welcomed to campus through the Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Studying Chinese takes PhD student Brendan Flynn to Taiwan via Boren Award
- Helping smooth volatile food prices in Senegal is focus of second Fulbright for finance Professor Mbodja Mougoué
- Higher ed and hockey will be focus of Fulbright in Finland for new grad Abigail Smiles