Go-Global! photo contest celebrates international travel – and prizes!
Students, faculty and staff are invited to submit international travel photos for a chance to win a $100 gift card in the Go-Global! contest sponsored by the Office of Study Abroad and Global Programs.
Every year, members of the campus community travel abroad and post their best photos on social media. We want to see them! Tell us your story in pictures by submitting up to eight of your best shots. A panel of judges will evaluate submissions and winners will receive a Visa gift card valued between $75 to $100.
Photos must be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. Nov. 8. Hard copies are not accepted. Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, contact information, category and details about your photos. A confirmation email will be sent to you when your form is received.
Winners will be announced and photos exhibited during International Education Week, Nov 13-17.
- Entrants must currently attend, be employed by or have graduated from WSU.
- Photographs must be original work of the entrant and have been taken during his or her international travel. If you are in the picture, it must be submitted in the “Warrior Pride Abroad” category.
- People – Photos/portraits of people you met along your experience. This should not contain photos of you, the photographer. Please see ethics considerations below.
- Landscapes and architecture – Scenery and buildings and bridges! What sights inspired you while you studied abroad?
- The world as your classroom – Show us what your educational moments looked like, inside the classroom or out. Show us the cultural moments
- Warrior pride abroad – Photos of you and/or other Warriors representing Wayne State gear around the world. Selfies welcome!
As a global citizen, it is your responsibility to consider whether your photo is respectful to its subject. Before you submit a photo, think about the following:
- If your photo features children, did you get consent from the child’s parent or guardian to take, share, and/or post the photo online?
- If your photo is of a person, did the person/people in your photo give consent to be photographed? Are they aware that you are submitting a photo of them to a photo contest?
- Is the photo respectful to the host country?
- Have you considered how others would view and interpret your photo? Is the photo offensive in any way?
Please do not submit photos that stereotype, exploit, disrespect, or make false generalizations about the host country, its people, and/or its culture. The Office of Study Abroad and Global Programs reserves the right to disqualify any photos that it deems inappropriate.
By entering the contest, you give Study Abroad permission to use your photo(s) in various marketing activities, publications, and/or on the departmental website.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (313) 577-3207.