Address change

All international students, scholars and employees are required to notify U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of address changes within 10 days of moving.

You can update your address through your USCIS online account.  You also can do it by filing Form AR-11 on the USCIS Change of Address page. Filing Form AR-11 online will update your address on all pending applications, petitions or requests that you include on the form.

If you are an F-1 or J-1 student or scholar, you must change your address with OISS

You must also update your address in the Wayne State University directory by completing the following steps: 

  • Log into Academica with your Access ID.
  • Find the dropdown menu for either Student or Employee (depending on your status), and View Personal Info.
  • Select Update Address(es) and Phone(s).
  • You can add a new address by selecting the dropdown menu and choosing the type of new address you wish to add. After you submit, the information will be updated within 60 minutes.

Don't forget to change your address with the U.S. Postal Service so you continue to receive mail.