Congratulations on your decision to improve your academic future with English language proficiency! To apply for the English Language Institute at Wayne State University, complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the ELI application.
2. Attach the following items to your application:
- A passport-sized photo of yourself
- High school transcript (undergraduate applicants only) or college transcript(s) (graduate applicants only)
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must also submit:
- The first two pages of your passport
- The first two pages of dependents' passports (if you need an I-20 for your dependents)
- An English-translated marriage license (if you need an I-20 for your spouse)
- English-translated birth certificates for children (if you need an I-20 for your children)
Applicants who are presently in the U.S. as non-residents must also submit:
- A copy of your visa
- A copy of your I-94 form
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents must also submit:
- Permanent resident card, the first two pages of your passport, birth certificate or naturalization certificate
If you are applying for a student (F-1) visa, complete and submit the Statement of Financial Support. If a government, agency, or organization is funding your studies, be prepared to submit a verification letter from the source of your sponsorship. If you are funding your studies through personal or family finances, be prepared to submit a bank statement that shows sufficient funds to cover at least one year of expenses in the U.S.
|Term||Session dates||Application deadline|
|Winter 2022||January 4-April 26||December 1, 2021|
|Spring/Summer 2022||May 3-August 6||April 1, 2022|
|Fall 2022||August 29-December 15||August 1, 2022|
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the application process. For all questions regarding admissions and applications, including questions regarding visa and immigration status, contact Bruce Morgan, Director of ELI, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 313-577-8072.