Congratulations on your decision to improve your academic future with English language proficiency! To apply for the English Language Institute at Wayne State University, complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the ELI application.
2. Attach the following items to your application:
- English proficiency score report (TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo) - Report your score to Wayne State University using institution code 1898.
- TOEFL iBT minimum: 40
- IELTS minimum: 4.5
- Duolingo minimum: 65
- High school transcript (undergraduate applicants only) or college transcript(s) (graduate applicants only)
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must also submit:
- The first two pages of your passport
- The first two pages of dependents' passports (if you need an I-20 for your dependents)
- An English-translated marriage license (if you need an I-20 for your spouse)
- English-translated birth certificates for children (if you need an I-20 for your children)
Applicants who are presently in the U.S. as non-residents must also submit:
- A copy of your visa
- A copy of your I-94 form
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents must also submit:
- Permanent resident card, the first two pages of your passport, birth certificate or naturalization certificate
If you are applying for a student (F-1) visa, complete and submit the Statement of Financial Support. If a government, agency, or organization is funding your studies, be prepared to submit a verification letter from the source of your sponsorship. If you are funding your studies through personal or family finances, be prepared to submit a bank statement that shows sufficient funds to cover at least one year of expenses in the U.S.
|Term||Session dates||Application deadline|
|Winter 2024||January 9-April 11||December 1, 2023|
|Spring/Summer 2024||April 30-August 1||April 1, 2024|
|Fall 2023||August 29-December 6||August 1, 2023|
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the application process. For all questions regarding admissions and applications, contact the ELI office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 313-577-2729.