Student visa and immigration

Getting a student visa

After receiving your Form I-20 A-B and admission letter from the English Language Institute (ELI), you must apply for a student visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate. You should review, in advance, whether your home country requires an Exit Permit or Health Clearance Certificate.

Bring the following documents with you to your visa interview: 

  • Form I-20 A-B
  • Admission letter
  • Passport (valid for at least six months)
  • All financial support documents


Spouses and dependent children must apply for a dependent (F-2) visa, so take these documents to your visa interview:

  • Spouse's/child's passport (valid for at least six months)
  • Financial support documents
  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate for each child

Learn more about student visas online at U.S. Immigration and Customs EnforcementStudent/Exchange Visitors.


Ready to join us? Apply to ELI. 

Questions? Contact us.