As a new international student, you are required to attend check-in. This is a special session hosted by the Office of International Students and Scholars to ensure you have completed all your required paperwork, complied with all regulations and are ready to start your studies. Think of it as your one-stop shop for getting everything done!
You cannot sign up for a check-in session until you arrive in the U.S. Registration for check-in sessions opens about 30 days prior to the start of each semester. Until further notice, all check-in sessions will be held online.
In order to register for a session you will need to complete the check-in form. To complete the check-in form you will need the following information:
You will need the following information:
- Address where you will be staying while in the U.S.
- Address from your home country
- Emergency contact information for both someone in the U.S. and in your home country.
- If you don't have an emercency contact in the U.S. you can select to provide one later
- Copy of current passport
- Copy of current visa
- Wayne State I-20 or DS-2019
- Copy of Most Recent I-94
- Most international visitors have an electronic I-94, that can be printed from the I-94 website
- If you've crossed into the U.S. from Canada, you probably received a paper I-94 that was stapled into your passport.
- Copy of Travel History
- Your travel history can be obtained from the I-94 website. If you haven't traveled to the U.S. before, then you may not have a travel history.
- Previous institution information, if you are transferring your SEVIS record to Wayne State